What is Ozone Therapy?
Ozonotherapy is the use of medical grade ozone, a highly reactive form of pure oxygen, to create a curative response in the body. The body has the potential to renew and regenerate itself. When it becomes sick it is often because this potential has been blocked. The reactive properties of ozone stimulate the body to remove many of these impediments, thus allowing the body to do what it does best – heal itself.
Ozonotherapy has been used in European clinics and hospitals for over fifty years. It was even used in the United States in a limited capacity in the early part of the 20th century. Ozonotherapy was reintroduced into the United States in the early 1980’s, and has been increasingly used in recent decades. Studies have demonstrated the various uses of ozone therapy, including:
- Activating the immune system in infectious diseases
- Improving oxygen utilization to reduce ischemia in cardiovascular disease
- Causing the release of growth factors in degenerative joint disease
- Dramatically reducing and even eliminating many causes of chronic pain through its action on pain receptors
- Published papers have demonstrated its healing effects on interstitial cystitis, chronic hepatitis, herpes infections, dental infections, diabetes, and macular degeneration
How is Ozone administered?
We at Wellness First administer medical grade ozone intravenously for heart disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, herpes, hepatitis, diabetes, Lyme disease, chemical sensitivities, and autoimmune disease. We give ozone rectally for gastrointestinal inflammation. And we administer it musculoskeletally in a treatment called Prolozone® therapy
Prolozone® therapy is a homeopathic/oxygen-ozone injection technique developed and pioneered by Frank Shallenberger, MD. It is excellent for all forms of musculoskeletal and joint pain, including chronic neck and back pain, rotator cuff injuries, degenerative and arthritic hips and knees, degenerated discs, and shoulder and elbow pain. In many cases Prolozone actually corrects the pathology of the disorder. There is a seventy-five percent chance for the chronic pain sufferer to becoming permanently pain free.
Drs. Hadley and DiPiero are certified by the American Academy of Ozonotherapy.