To Our Wellness First Patient Community:
We hope you are well and thriving at home! More and more of you are opening these emails and staying up to date with Wellness First. We are speaking with many of you daily and we appreciate your patience as we navigate this time together.
To continue providing you the care you need, the office will be open on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s for appointments with Dr. DiPiero and for IV treatments that provide immune-boosting therapies. Both of the doctors will provide Telehealth visits Monday through Friday.
OFFICE HOURS – REMINDER
- We will have office hours for Dr. DiPiero on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 9 am until 4:30 pm.
- Appointments will be limited to routine visits (i.e. follow ups, lab reviews, new patients, wellness exams, prolozone injections and acute injuries).
- We will NOT be seeing anyone in the office for acute illnesses. All of these cases will still be handled remotely via Telehealth. See details below.
- We will be taking extra precautions to protect one another from infectious exposure with patient screening upon arrival, having you wash your hands before you are roomed, and keeping each patient roomed separately.
- To schedule an office appointment, please call us at 561-491-4666 and press OPTION 2.
IV SUITE – NEW HOURS AND TREATMENTS
- The office will now conduct IV treatments on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 9 am to 4 pm.
- We will be offering different IV treatments to help boost your immunity: high dose vitamin C and ozone therapy.
- We will also be offering IV chelation to patients who have already begun or are beginning chelation therapy.
- Each person receiving treatment will be placed in a room by themselves to reduce potential infectious exposure, unless you are coming with your spouse or significant other.
- An ozone treatment will take approximately 45 minutes and is $200.
- Our high dose IV vitamin C cocktails will take approximately 75 minutes to administer and are $250-$300.
- If you are interested in learning more, please call us at 561-491-4666 and press OPTION 1 or 2 to speak with us. Drs. Hadley and DiPiero will discuss your needs with you by phone and determine which treatment would be best for you.
MORE ON OZONE THERAPY:
- In its simplest terms, ozone therapy is oxygen therapy. It is three oxygen molecules that have been forced together by way of a generator.
- Ozone is a powerful anti-oxidant that has proven to be successful in treating cases of viral hepatitis, Lyme, Epstein Barr Virus, and other chronic illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Ozone is also a sterile molecule. It acts as a disinfectant and has been shown to kill bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi in the management of wounds, skin infections and ulcers.
- There are several methods of delivery that are both safe and effective, i.e. the blood, bladder, vagina, rectum, joints and soft tissues (aka Prolozone). It can even be consumed orally as ozonated water or placed over wounds as a salve (ozonated oil).
- We offer blood ozone by way of an IV. We drain off a small amount your blood (less than the amount during blood donation), ozonate the bag until we see oxidative changes (it turns a bright red) and then the ozonated blood is given back to you. We never inject direct ozone in the vein, though that is another mode of administration.
- IV blood ozone is a means of giving a systemic, or full body treatment that can be used by your tissues to promote circulation within the blood, increase lymphatic drainage, decrease inflammation, reduce pain and eliminate potential pathogens.
- There are very few contraindications to receiving IV ozone. Those with a G6PD deficiency or fava bean allergy should not receive blood ozone as it can cause a type of anemia. Otherwise, ozone is a very safe and effective treatment for supporting the immune system by promoting healing and balance within the body.
MORE ON IV VITAMIN C:
- Vitamin C is one of the most powerful anti-oxidant nutrients we have to combat inflammation and disease.
- There is a limited about of vitamin C we can absorb in the GI tract (about 6 grams), the remainder our body will eliminate via the kidneys.
- When given slowly, intravenously (at doses up to 75 grams), our body is able to absorb all of the nutrients for use in the tissues.
- This method of delivery is also useful for people who have inflammation within their GI tract or are on medications that affect absorption.
- IV vitamin C is an effective and safe method of delivery for most people. Those with chronic kidney disease should be monitored more closely and we do this routinely in our office.
- Due to the nature of COVID, we are recommending weekly IV vitamin C infusions along with aggressive oral supplementation. We are putting together a “Wellness First COVID Kit” with targeted vitamins and minerals that have demonstrated effectiveness at supporting the body’s natural defense system in the event of an infection. We will be sending out another email later this week with more details on this.
- Again, if we supply your supplements, you may call the office and we will bring them out to your car if you do not wish to come into the office. Please call ahead so we will be ready with your products once you arrive.
TELEHEALTH DOCTOR VISITS
- We continue to have the capability to have audio and visual visits with you on your phone, iPad or computer that has a camera.
- Visits may cover any issue that you would normally have seen us for in the office.
- For our Medicare patients: Medicare is paying for these visits. The Medicare requirement we must observe is to receive your VERBAL CONSENT to have this visit which we will ask for at the beginning of each Telehealth Visit.
- For our non-Medicare patients: We will be billing you for these visits at a rate of $170.
- To schedule an appointment for a Telehealth Visit, please call us at 561-491-4666 and press OPTION 1 to make an appointment with Dr. Hadley or OPTION 2 to make an appointment with Dr. DiPiero.
- For those patients who had upcoming, office appointments scheduled, we will be reaching out to you to discuss changing the appointment to a Telehealth Visit
As we stated in our last email communication, we all share a new view of our individual economic security. This economic downturn came right as our Annual Membership Fee is due. If you are concerned about your payment of our Annual Membership Fee, please call Dr. Hadley and together we will work out an individual plan for you. (Call 561-491-4666 and press OPTION 1 to reach Dr. Hadley.) We are in this together and we will not lose any patient due to financial hardship. We remain your primary care doctors and we will see you through this challenging period.
You and your wellness are our first priority.
Please continue to be safe and well.
Holly W. Hadley, MD
Danielle DiPiero, DO